Shown on the big screen and with Dolby sound
Welton Memorial Hall Wednesday, 29 December
First come, first served. Doors open 2:30, showing 3 pm
£5 per person, Children under 12 Free
Bring cushions for younger children
Why not become a local Parish Councillor for Ellerker Parish Council?
Ellerker Parish Council has a vacancy for a co-opted Parish Councillor. No specific qualifications are needed and the most important requirements are to have a keen interest in Ellerker and to be prepared to play an active part in the Councils work. Initial training for all new councillors is available as well as regular ongoing training opportunities. Councillors are required to attend the Bi-monthly Full Council meetings. The term of office for the vacancy will run until the next ordinary election which is in May 2023.
To apply for the post, please send a short E mail (maximum 600 words) to the Clerk to the Council, Alan Barker at covering:-
• Why you would like to join the Parish Council.
• The skills, knowledge and experience you would bring.
• The key parts of the village that need protecting and the areas for improvement.
• My proficiency with electronic communications.
If you would like to talk through the role of a councillor, please contact the Parish Clerk or speak to Claire Wood (or E Mail )
The closing date for applications is 20th August 2021.
Co-option will take place on Thursday 2nd September 2021 at 7.30pm in the Full Council Meeting at Ellerker Village Hall, where you will be asked to address council for no more than five minutes to expand on your written submission.
You cannot stand for election if:
• You are the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order
• Have, within 5 years before the day of taking office, been convicted in the UK of any
offence and have had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over 3
months without the option of a fine