Individuals can call the contact centre to seek help, support and guidance across a range of issues including access to food and befriending advice, or help with collecting their medication.
Full details are available via this link
The Contact Centre – 01482 393919 Opening hours are 9.00am–5.00pm on weekdays
Your East Riding Community Hub leaflet is available via this link
Further information with regards to the support available is available via the link below.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – East Riding of Yorkshire Council
As outlined in the Prime Minister’s statement on 31 October, from Thursday, 5
November new national restrictions will apply in England in an effort to reduce the rapid
increase in COVID-19 infections across the country, hospitalisations and loss of life.
The new restrictions will be in place until 2 December and are aimed at reducing day-to-day
contact between people – therefore closing certain businesses and venues and encouraging people to stay at home wherever possible, except for specific reasons.
Further detailed information is available via the links below:-
The East Riding Food Poverty Alliance (ERFPA) and its constituent foodbank members are now providing all emergency food parcel distribution. Callers to ERYC (01482 393919) will still be supported to access suitable food supplies via commercially available supplies. Residents in financial need are referred directly to Foodbank services. Paid for food parcels are still available as a last resort, with this service being delivered on ERYC behalf by East Yorkshire Foodbank. Residents can still apply for individual emergency assistance at https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/living/emergency-assistance/
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for Ellerker Playing Fields with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
1. Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/ellerkerplayingfields/ and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to Ellerker Playing Fields at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Ellerker Playing Fields will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.
In this very different year, all flu vaccinations will be done at the RIDINGS MEDICAL GROUP by appointment only so they can maintain social distancing (no walk ins).
The clinics for over 64s and patients in the ‘at risk’ groups will commence on 3rd October. If you are eligible, book an appointment:
- Online via the SystmOnline account (the appointments are called ‘flu clinic-invite only – flu vac for adults only’). This helps keep the phone lines clear as much as possible.
- Via telephone if you are unable to book online
Please help by:
- Arriving on time (not early) with your sleeve rolled up and your arm out ready!
- Following the signs in the surgery and remembering to distance
- Wearing a face covering
- Coming alone unless the person you are with is being vaccinated too
- Remembering that the appointment is for your flu jab only – we are unable to answer other queries
50-64 year old vaccinations as per Government announcement – these patients will not be vaccinated against flu (unless in an at risk group as above) until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. Please do not call to ask for further details or to book in as they are unlikely to have any information until November. They are waiting on further information from the UK Government.
More detailed information is on The Ridings Medical Group website https://www.theridingsmedicalgroup.nhs.uk/news/flu-vaccination-update